How to Register
How to Register
Check the list of computer-based testing centers by clicking on “Locate a Testing Center” on Prometric's SOA/CAS/CIA website. If there is a CBT center in your area, you are expected to take your exams there.
For those outside the United States, if a CBT center is not available near you, there are a limited number of test centers that administer the exams by paper and pencil . Please check the test schedule for available dates.
Register for the exam by the published deadline. (Registration closes at midnight U.S. Central Time.) You may register online or submit a paper copy. It is critical that the name you use for registration matches the name on your government issued photo ID. Do not change the spelling. If you use an initial or middle name on your government-issued photo ID, be sure to include that as well. Discrepancies in names may prevent you from testing.
Schedule your appointment. After your registration has been processed, you will receive an automatic acknowledgement letter by email that includes your unique candidate/eligibility number for this administration. The candidate/eligibility number included on the automated acknowledgement will NOT be activated immediately. Once the number has been activated, SOA will email you a letter of confirmation. At that time, you should schedule your exam appointment IMMEDIATELY. Candidates who do not make an appointment at a CBT center upon receiving confirmation letter may find their local CBT center is filled on the days when the exam is offered.
If you do not receive your letter of confirmation within 10 days of receiving your acknowledgement letter, please check your “bulk mail” or “junk mail” email folder before contacting the SOA Customer Service Center (888.697.3900 or CustomerService@soa.org).
- Schedule Online with Prometric
- After receiving your confirmation, you may schedule your test appointments by going to: www.Prometric.com/SOA.
- The specific exam name is listed below:
- For Exam P/1
- The name is “Probability Test (English) – P1ENL” for U.S. and all non–Canadian sites.
- In Canada, the exam name is “Probability Test (French/English for Canada) – P1FRL.”
- For Exam FM/2
- The name is “Financial Mathematics Test (English) – FM2EL” for U.S. and all non–Canadian sites.
- In Canada, the exam name is “Financial Mathematics Test (French/English for Canada) – FM2FL.”
- For Exam MFE/3F
- The name is “Models for Financial Economics (English) – MFEEN” for U.S. and all non–Canadian sites.
- In Canada, the exam name is “Models for Financial Economics (French) – MFEFR.”
- For Exam C/4
- The name is “Construction & Evaluation of Actuarial Models (English) – C4EN” for U.S. and all non–Canadian sites.
- In Canada, the exam name is “Construction & Evaluation of Actuarial Models (French/English for Canada) – C4FR.”
In Canada, when you view the exam question on the monitor, it will appear in English. There will be a button on the screen to view the same question in French. This bilingual version is only offered in Canada.
Schedule by Telephone
After receiving your confirmation, you may schedule your test appointments by calling Prometric's Candidate Services Contact Center. You must reference the "SOA/CAS/CIA" exam. Consult the list of telephone numbers for the Candidate Services Contact Centers . This information can also be found by going to www.Prometric.com/SOA selecting Contact Us and then selecting Call Us from the Test Takers section of the page. Then, select the region you wish to contact. Select Academic, Professional, Government & Corporate as your testing program, next select SOA/CAS/CIA from the drop-down menu.
FOR CANDIDATES WITH SPECIAL NEEDS: Only candidates who have already received approval for special accommodation from the SOA Office (please contact Jane Lesch at firstname.lastname@example.org) may schedule an appointment that includes special accommodations. Candidates requiring special needs can only schedule a test appointment by calling Special Accommodations Department at Prometric.
Candidates who register for the limited paper and pencil exam centers outside the United States will receive an automatic acknowledgement letter by email. This letter serves as your ticket of admission. Please check the information carefully. The letter will include your unique candidate number as well as the exam center name and number. For the exact address of your exam location please check the SOA website.