Identification and Calculators
Identification and Calculators
REQUIRED: Valid government-issued photo identification
All candidates must present a non-expired valid government-issued identification with BOTH
- Photograph and
Acceptable types of non-expired valid government-issued photo identification include passport, driver's license, military ID, state ID, or other government-issued identification. If you are testing in your home country and your country's government-issued ID lacks either a photo or a signature (but does not lack both), you should present both the government-issued ID and a secondary ID—the secondary ID should have the same name used on the primary government-issued ID and include the missing signature or photo (e.g., employee ID, student ID, etc.). If a signature is missing from the primary government-issued ID, you may use a major credit card, bank card, etc. with a signature PROVIDED that the name matches the name on the primary government-issued ID. If you are testing outside your home country, you must present a non-expired passport as valid ID.
In countries where names on government-issued photo IDs are not in the English/Latin alphabet, the local Prometric test center will require a secondary photo ID with the candidate's name in the English/Latin alphabet. If the candidate is uncertain whether this rule applies, please contact the Prometric Regional Registration Center as soon as possible.
The following are helpful reminders:
- If you need to contact Prometric for any assistance, use the same form of your name that is on your exam application form and your government issued photo ID. Do not change the spelling and do not change the order of your name. If you use an initial or middle name on your government-issued photo ID, be sure to include that as well.
- When you arrive at the test center, you will be required to present your non-expired government-issued identification with both a signature and a photograph as describe above. If you have questions or are uncertain about what constitutes valid identification, contact the SOA Customer Service Center (CustomerService@soa.org or 888.697.3900) prior to the exam administration.
- Without the required ID, a candidate will not be permitted to test and the exam fee will be forfeited.
Only the following models of Texas Instruments calculators are approved:
- BA II Plus
- BA II Plus Professional
- TI-30X II (IIS solar or IIB battery)
- TI-30XS MultiView (or XB battery)
Calculator covers and instructions will not be permitted in the examination room. Please note that upon entrance to the exam room, candidates using the BA II Plus, BA II Plus Professional Edition, TI-30X IIS, TI-30XB (solar or battery), or TI-30XS MultiView (or XB battery) must show the supervisor that the memory has been cleared. For the BA II Plus and the BA II Plus Professional Edition, clearing the calculator will reset the calculator to the factory default settings. No other calculators will be provided for those who fail to bring an approved model. Candidates may bring more than one calculator into the examination room, provided each calculator is on the approved list.