The Society of Actuaries/Casualty Actuarial Society Diversity Exam Reimbursement Program is designed to support future actuaries pathway for underrepresented communities: African American, Black, Hispanic/Latinx, and Native North Americans or Indigenous residents, asylum seekers or university students on an educational visa (from those above groups) living in Canada or the United States. This reimbursement program is not designed for individuals employed full-time in an actuarial position.
Beginning with January 1, 2021:
- Eligible exams are P, FM, IFM and LTAM, and Fall 2020 for MAS-I
- Study material stipend available
To qualify for a reimbursement:
- Register and take exam P/1, FM/2, IFM, LTAM, or CAS MAS-I
- If you score a 4 or above, the exam fee will be reimbursed to you once your official score has been posted. You are eligible for up to two reimbursements per exam – one for a score of 4 or 5, and one for a pass – per year.
- If you score a 4 or above, you are also eligible for a stipend for study materials totaling $175.
- Once you receive your official score, please fill out the electronic request for reimbursement.
- If you score 3 or lower (not a passing score), the exam fee will NOT be refunded to you. Request are processed once a month and you’ll get an email confirmation once the request has been approved.
- You have up to 12 months after receiving an official qualifying score from the SOA/CAS to be reimbursed for exam fees.
- You may receive reimbursement from this program if you DO NOT receive reimbursement from another source – such as your school, and employer, or another actuarial organization.
For further information view the Diversity Exam Reimbursement Program Frequently Asked Questions or contact:
Casualty Actuarial Society
4350 North Fairfax Drive, Suite 250
Arlington, VA 22203