Apply for the 2015-2016 CAS Trust Scholarship
The Casualty Actuarial Society is accepting applications for its scholarship program for college students pursuing a career in actuarial science. The CAS Trust Scholarship Program, funded by donations to the CAS Trust, will award up to three scholarships to deserving students for the 2017-2018 academic year. The First Place Winner will receive a $10,000 scholarship. Second and Third Place Winners, if chosen, will each be awarded a $5,000 scholarship.
Applicant Eligibility Requirements:
- Submit all sections of the CAS Trust Scholarship application by March 1, 2017.
- You must be currently attending a U.S. or Canadian college or university as a full-time student and continuing as a full-time student at a U.S. or Canadian college or university in the 2017-2018 academic year.
- You must have sat for at least one actuarial exam by March 1st, 2017.
- You must be a member of Student Central.
Preference will be given to applicants who have not yet won the CAS Trust Scholarship.
- The online CAS Trust Scholarship application and attached essay.
- The 2 recommendation letters included in this application, preferably completed by internship supervisors, instructors and/or advisors at your educational institution who know you well. Separate letters must be submitted and accompanied by the recommendation forms included. Only 2 recommendation letters will be considered.
- A current official transcript. Indicate whether the academic term is a semester, trimester, or quarter. If the current transcript shows grades for only one academic term, then also provide the official transcript from your prior educational institution.
Please mail your official transcripts to:
CAS Trust Scholarship Coordinator
Casualty Actuarial Society
4350 N. Fairfax Drive, Suite 250 Arlington, VA 22203
Phone: (703) 276-3100
*Incomplete applications will be disqualified without any consideration to partial information received.
*It is the responsibility of the student to make sure all recommendation letters are complete and submitted by March 1, 2017.
Completed applications are due by March 1, 2017. Winners will be notified of award decisions by May 15, 2017.