The Society of Actuaries/Casualty Actuarial Society Diversity Exam Reimbursement Program is available to the following groups that are under-represented in the actuarial profession: African American, Black, Hispanic/Latinx, and Native North Americans or Indigenous residents, asylum seekers or university students on an educational visa in Canada or the United States. This reimbursement program is not designed for individuals employed full-time in an actuarial position.
- Register for exam P/1, FM/2, IFM, LTAM or CAS MAS-I
- Take Exam P/1 or FM/2, IFM, LTAM or CAS MAS-I
- If you score a 4 or 5, the exam fee will be reimbursed to you (One time per calendar year per exam for fails).
- If you score a 4, 5, or higher, you are eligible for a stipend for study materials totaling $175.
- All passing scores of 6 or higher will be reimbursed.
- After receiving 4 or higher score results from SOA or CAS, fill out the electronic request for reimbursement.
- If you score 3 or lower (not a passing score), the exam fee will NOT be refunded to you.
- Candidates who pass must submit the request for a Diversity Exam Reimbursement within 12 months of receiving an official passing score report from the SOA to be reimbursed for exam fees, beginning January 1, 2021 for P, FM, IFM and LTAM, and Fall 2020 for MAS-1.
- Exam reimbursement applies to persons who have not been reimbursed from any other source (including employer or university).
Society of Actuaries
475 N. Martingale Road, Suite 600
Schaumburg, IL 60173-2226
Casualty Actuarial Society
4350 North Fairfax Drive, Suite 250
Arlington, VA 22203