The CAS/SOA Committee on Actuarial Diversity is offering a reimbursement program rewarding those Diversity candidates who pass Exam P/1 and/or FM/2. Diversity candidates – African North American, Hispanic, or Native North American – who pass Exam P/1 and/or Exam FM/2 will be reimbursed for the fees for the passed exam. An applicant must be either a U.S. citizen or have a permanent resident visa. This reimbursement program is not designed for individuals employed full-time in an actuarial position.
- Register for exam P/1 or FM/2
- Take Exam P/1 or FM/2
- If you score a 6 or higher (passing score), the exam fee will be reimbursed to you
- If you score 5 or lower (not a passing score), the exam fee will NOT be refunded to you
- After receiving official passing score results from SOA, fill out the Diversity Exam Reimbursement Application
and email to Beth Gall and Margaret Kerr.
- Candidates who pass must submit the request for a Diversity Exam Reimbursement within 90 days of receiving an official passing score report from the SOA to be reimbursed for exam fees.
- The committee will no longer refund failed attempts at either exam.
- Exam reimbursement applies to persons who have not been reimbursed from any other source (including employer or university).
Society of Actuaries
475 N. Martingale Road, Suite 600
Schaumburg, IL 60173-2226
Casualty Actuarial Society
4350 North Fairfax Drive, Suite 250
Arlington, VA 22203