Most actuaries love being an actuary because it allows them to use their talents and have a meaningful positive impact. As one actuary put it: “I like to think that I’m helping people. I’m helping them get good health care, I’m helping them protect themselves in old age. I’m creating economic growth.” But there are so many other great reasons to consider a career as an actuary:
- Top-Ranked. Actuary has consistently been rated one of the top jobs in the United States.
- Head start. Actuaries earn great starting salaries that can double within the first five years.
- Job security. Actuaries enjoy certainty in uncertain times. We’re always in demand as the world confronts risk.
- Impressive impact. Actuaries participate in high-level business decision-making and solve real problems in every industry.
- Life in balance. More than a fulfilling career, being an actuary allows you to maintain a low-stress, highly sought-after work/life balance.